GLIN==> ANNOUNCING 2005 "LIFE ON LAKE ERIE" PHOTO CONTEST

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 15, 2005

BOTH AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS ENCOURAGED TO ENTER

2005  “LIFE ON LAKE ERIE” PHOTO CONTEST

Contest open to professional photographers for first time; entry deadline is August 5

TOLEDO, OH – Amateur “shutterbugs” and professional photographers alike are encouraged to enter this year’s “Life On Lake Erie” Photo Contest, sponsored by the Ohio Lake Erie Commission (LEC).

“For the first time, we’ve opened this popular photography competition to professionals in the field,” said Edwin Hammett, executive director of the commission. “We hope everyone who knows and cherishes Lake Erie as we do will take advantage of this opportunity to enter.”

Amateur and professional photographs will be judged separately. Under contest rules, professional photographers are people who earn more than 51 percent of their income from photography. The 2005 contest has no specific subject categories and may depict any person, plant, wildlife, activity or scene that captures the unique character of the lake’s watershed. All photo entries must have been taken between August 7, 2004 and August 1, 2005. Deadline for submitting photos is August 5.

To enter, send a 5x7” print or digital picture via U.S. Mail (along with a completed entry form) to the commission’s headquarters at One Maritime Plaza, Fourth Floor, Toledo, Ohio 43604. Digital entries must be in jpg, gif or tif format and be in a minimum resolution of 1600x1200. Black and white, as well as color photographs, are encouraged.

Last year’s contest drew 266 entries that illustrated six different aspects of Coastal Ohio life. First place winners were from Lorain, Blacklick, Ashtabula, Port Clinton, Marblehead and Copley.

Additional information and rules about the 2005 “Life On Lake Erie” Photo Contest is available at the commission’s Toledo office at 419-245-2514 or at the commission’s website at www.epa.state.oh.us/oleo.

-30-

For Additional Information Contact:

Edwin Hammett, Ohio Lake Erie Commission

(419) 245-2514