GLIN==> Don't take away a state's right to protect its citizens from dirty air

STAPPA/ALAPCO PRODUCES A NIFTY PUBLICATION....
....nice graphics and photos...

"Don't take away a state's right to protect its citizens from dirty air"

From: "Bill Becker" <bbecker@4cleanair.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:04:23 -0400
Subject: Maintaining States' and Localities' Clean Air Rights

To: Friends of STAPPA and ALAPCO

With so much time spent debating federal environmental policy, it is easy to forget that state and local governments play a crucial rule in cleaning up and protecting our nation?s air.  Indeed, states and localities began to tackle the problem of air pollution long before the federal government did.  They have been laboratories of pollution-control innovation.  And they remain vital partners with the federal government in protecting our citizens from dirty air.

With these thoughts in mind, the State and Territorial Air Pollution Program Administrators and the Association of Local Air Pollution Control Officials have teamed with the California Air Resources Board to present
an informational brochure on the importance of maintaining the rights of states and localities to protect their citizens from dirty air:
http://www.4cleanair.org/FinalBrochure-April05.pdf

As noted in the brochure, some would like to truncate those rights.  STAPPA and ALAPCO believe that after reading this brochure, you will agree those rights should be left intact.

We hope you will find this background material interesting and useful.  This the brochure is also available in hard copy upon request from STAPPA and ALAPCO.  Please do not hesitate to request hard copies and to share them widely.

Bill Becker
Executive Director
State and Territorial Air Pollution Program Administrators/
Association of Local Air Pollution Control Officials
202-624-7864
bbecker@4cleanair.org
www.cleanairworld.org

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com