Summer 2005, Vol. 30, Issue 2
Make Big Plans!
The International Joint Commission's FOCUS newsletter is now available on-line at:
or in French at http://www.ijc.org/rel/focus/v30i2/indexf.html
The Summer 2005 issue is dedicated the 2005 IJC Great Lakes Conference and Biennial Meeting at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. Everything you need to know about the meeting and more is found in this current issue.
Register today! http://www.ijc.org/2005biennial/register_en.php
* Attend! Join us in Kingston, Ontario on June 9-11, 2005 to discuss and contribute to the U.S. and Canadian government review of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
* Come and hear the inspiring words of our two keynote speakers, Dr. David Schinder and Dr. David Suzuki.
* Agenda for Thursday, June 9: Learn and participate in seven technical workshops on Great Lakes topics ranging from the discussion of decision making in RAPs and LaMPs and urban development to the modeling of mercury deposition in the Great Lakes basin.
* Agenda for Friday, June 10: Participate in active discussions on the broader topics of Adaptive Management and the Future of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement; Vision of Great Lakes Integrity, and Institutional Arrangements and Governance. Plenary sessions will discuss advice on the review from IJC's four Great Lakes advisory boards and the overall role of the IJC in the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
* Agenda for Saturday, June 11: Don't miss the presentations by federal officials responsible for key Great Lakes programs. Confirmed speakers include: Stephane Dion, Minister of the Environment for Canada and Leona Dombrowsky, Ontario's Minister of the Environment.
See you all in Kingston.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you know someone who would like to be added to this mailing list, please
contact the IJC at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscription is free.
Please provide your complete e-mail address.
The IJC can be found on the Internet at www.ijc.org