GLIN==> June Seiche Newsletter Available

Minnesota Sea Grant's "Seiche" online newsletter is now available:
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/

Articles include:

- MN Sea Grant Celebrates 30-Year Anniversary
There ought to be a movie! Remarkable strides in research, outreach, and education give the University of Minnesota Sea Grant Program quite a history.

- Rapala Lure Entrepreneur Donates Money for Watershed Project
Find out who gave UMD $100,000 to study the Lester/Amity Watershed and why.

- Readers Want to Know?What happened to the taconite tailings?
The taconite tailings deposited into Lake Superior prior to 1980 are still there. Learn how contentious litigation changed tailings disposal practices.

- Listening to the Lake Airs on KUMD Radio
Tune into Lake Superior science stories on summer mornings or access them anytime on the Web.

- Web Page Explores Grip of the Rip
Rip currents can have a deadly grip but escaping them isn't hard if you know how. We've developed a Web page that explores Lake Superior rip currents.

...plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Or, if you'd
like to receive a personal e-mail notification when the Seiche is
available on the web, please send me your e-mail address.  Subscription
is FREE.

"30 Years of Superior Science"

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
University of MN Duluth Sea Grant Program
mzhuikov@umn.edu
(218) 726-7677   Fax: (218) 726-6556
www.seagrant.umn.edu