GLIN==> Wisconsin Beach Sweep opportunities

Title: Wisconsin Beach Sweep opportunities

Did you know September is Wisconsin Coastal Awareness Month?  Did you know that there is an awesome event to celebrate and protect Wisconsin's beautiful coasts through cleaning-up local lakes, river and streams? Wisconsin Coastal Management Program WCMP is coordinating the 2005 Wisconsin Beach Sweep and will partner with your group or organization to make your local even easy and enjoyable.

This beach cleanup is part of the International Coastal Cleanup (ICC), a worldwide event coordinated each year in September by the Ocean Conservancy.  The ICC has been collecting data from debris collected on beaches and waterways since 1986.  Wisconsin has been participating in the Great Lakes Region ICC since 1989.  Below is an easy six-step process created by WCMP to help jump-start your event:

That's it.  We supply the know-how and supplies and you supply the location and volunteers.  What could be easier and more important than celebrating Wisconsin Coastal Awareness Month by cleaning up her waterways?

To enroll, please either call Kae DonLevy at (414) 276-7700 or email the Sign me Up form available at http://coastal.wisconsin.gov (under Coastal Awareness Month) to Kae at kdonlevy@pierwisconsin.org, by August 31, 2005.

We look forward to helping you organize a cleanup in your area!  Thank you for your interest and participation in the 2005 Wisconsin Beach Sweep.