GLIN==> What's New & Notable, 15 September 2005

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable

GLIN home.

What's New & Notable

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.glin.net/news

Wisconsin Coastal Management Program
www.doa.state.wi.us/pagesubtext_detail.asp?linksubcatid=249

The Wisconsin Coastal Management Program is dedicated to preserving and making accessible the natural and historic resources of Wisconsin's Great Lakes coasts. September is Coastal Awareness Month in Wisconsin. Several events around Lake Michigan and Lake Superior have been planned to give coastal residents an opportunity to learn more about the Great Lakes.

Would your agency like to be a Sponsor of the Month?
www.glin.net/news/sponsor/agencies.html

As a GLIN Daily News Patron, you could have your agency logo, description and link publicized in our mid-monthly "What's New & Notable on GLIN" web-mail and on the GLIN web site! Find out more about sponsorship levels and benefits for Organization Sponsorship.
RiverSmart
www.riversmart.org

RiverSmart is a national public education campaign designed to show people how simple changes in their everyday activities can help our nation's rivers. The goal of RiverSmart is to make lasting changes to improve our rivers and drinking water supply. Use this site to find a watershed group in your area and much more.

Lake Michigan Coast Week 2005
www.in.gov/dnr/lakemich/news/coastweek.html

The Lake Michigan Coastal Program is sponsoring Coast Week 2005 September 10-17. The Coastal Program and several other organizations are working together to sponsor a wide variety of events to celebrate the diversity and splendor of the Lake Michigan coastal region.

Toronto and Region Remedial Action Plan
www.torontorap.ca

The federal and provincial governments, working through Toronto and Region Conservation, are implementing a detailed Remedial Action Plan (RAP) to repair the Lake Ontario ecosystem and safeguard the legacy of future generations.

Hiawatha Water Trail
www.hiawathawatertrail.org

Running 120 miles from Big Bay to Grand Marais Michigan on Lake Superior's south shore, the Hiawatha Water Trail (HWT) follows a shoreline paddled by Native Americans, Voyageurs and early European explorers.

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission