GLIN==> Great Lakes Commission 50th Anniversary Celebration -- registration deadline Sept. 19

Dear Friend:

This fall marks the 50th anniversary of the Great Lakes Commission and we are pleased to invite you to attend our 2005 Annual Meeting to help us celebrate a half century of service to the Great Lakes region. We hope you can join us Sept. 27-29 at the Michigan League on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

Register online at www.glc.org/meeting

The requested registration deadline is Monday, Sept. 19

At the Annual Meeting we will take a brief stroll down memory lane with a visual and narrative history of the Great Lakes Commission since its inception in 1955. The meeting will also include traditional updates on Commission activities, with a special focus on maritime transportation issues, federal legislative and appropriations developments, and broader Great Lakes regional activities.

Special guests will include Michigan Lt. Gov. John Cherry; Curtis A. Hertel Sr., executive director of the Detroit Wayne County Port Authority; Mary Sue Coleman, president of the Univ. of Michigan; and Gerry Volgenau, author of the recently published "Islands: Great Lakes Stories."

In keeping with tradition, our annual meeting will be complemented by opportunities for networking and social activities, including a golf tournament, local walking tours, and a 50th Anniversary reception/dinner co-hosted by the Great Lakes Fishery Commission and Canadian Consulate General. Entertainment will be provided by a local musical group, the Great Lakes Myth Society.

The meeting will adjourn at noon on September 29.

Please join us for a great event!

Christine Manninen

Communications Director

Great Lakes Commission