GLIN==> October Seiche Available

Minnesota Sea Grant's "Seiche" online newsletter is now available:
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/seiche/

Articles include:

- Outcast!
How did an Amazon River fish end up in a Minnesota lake? Read the saga and learn about what you can do during Minnesota's Invasive Species month.

- Germ Hunters Go to Prison
Find out what researchers learned about bacteria and virus survival in alternative wastewater treatment systems.

- All Plankton Great and Small
Lake Superior's zooplankton community has changed in the last 30 years and the lake's exceedingly small plankton is unique among the Great Lakes.

...plus information on other staff activities and new products/services.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this
publication, please send me your name and street address.  Or, if you'd
like to receive a personal e-mail notification when the Seiche is
available on the web, please send me your e-mail address.  Subscription
is FREE.

"30 Years of Superior Science"

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
University of MN Duluth Sea Grant Program
mzhuikov@umn.edu
(218) 726-7677   Fax: (218) 726-6556
www.seagrant.umn.edu