GLIN==> New Great Lakes science curriculum available online

Title: New Great Lakes science curriculum available online

University of Michigan News Services
Nov. 10, 2005

Go with the FLOW: Great Lakes science curriculum available online

 ANN ARBOR, Mich.-Teaching young people about the Great Lakes just a got a little easier. Educators can now access a comprehensive online curriculum covering everything from the Great Lakes aquatic food web to wetlands and fisheries.

 The dynamic lessons are part of Fisheries Learning On the Web, Project FLOW, developed by the Michigan Sea Grant at the University of Michigan. Project FLOW lessons are geared toward educators who teach upper elementary and middle school students. Each lesson features a hands-on classroom activity.

 "I've been using some of the Project FLOW lessons on food chains, food webs and exotic species this fall with my 7th graders," said David Huntington of Mackinaw City Schools. "The students have a great time. These lessons make teaching this material easy, fun, and engaging. Students teach each other throughout the lessons..."

See the complete news release online at http://www.umich.edu/news/index.html?Releases/2005/Nov05/r111005

See Fisheries Learning on the Web: http://www.projectflow.us

--
Elizabeth LaPorte , Communications Director & Education Co-Leader
Michigan Sea Grant College Program, www.miseagrant.umich.edu