RE: GLIN==> REMINDER- Funding Opportunity Helps Citizens Get Involved in Protectingthe Great Lakes

Steve,

You might want to consider contacting your local community foundation. Many of us provide pass through/special projects opportunities and you might gain strength in your cause by connecting with your foundation regardless of whether or not your project is their priority. At the very least they will gain a better understanding of your work, and you of theirs. Most Michigan community foundations have been on the receiving end of land use funds, particularly from 1998-2002 and now many are jumping on the opportunity to engage their communities via Great Lakes protection. If you’re interested in some wonderful examples of CF in action see www.cmif.org and look for SE MI, Grand Traverse, and Muskegon Community Foundations.(as well as many others)

Best Wishes,

Mary Sue Hyslop, Executive Director

The Keweenaw Community Foundation

Your Community Foundation...For good, For ever.

326 Shelden Ave., P.O. Box 101 Houghton, MI 49931

906-482-9673    906-482-9679-fax

kcfdirector@charterinternet.com     k-c-f.org

"The cynic says, 'One man can't do anything'. I say, 'Only one man can do anything'.
All good ideas start with one man. The creative, caring, believing person sends out waves of influence.
He affects others who in turn affect others."