GLIN==> Hunter-Angler Clean Water Summit Feb. 3-4

I wanted to let you know about an important summit Feb 3-4 for those who care about hunting, fishing and conservation.

The summit tackles the issue of wildlife protection and management by exploring "hands on" and proven approaches to conserving, protecting and restoring our watersheds so that future generations may experience America's hunting and fishing heritage.

For registration form and info contact Tim Guilefoile at the numbers below or the National Wildlife Federation's Brian Preston at: preston@nwf.org

Detailed information follows.

Jordan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regional Clean Water Summit for Hunters & Anglers

Preserving America's Sporting Heritage for Our Children

February 3-4, 2006

Hyatt Regency Louisville
320 West Jefferson
Louisville, KY 40202

Friday February 3
6:00-7:00 pm: Social Hour
7:00-8:00 pm: Dinner
8:00-9:00 pm Keynote Address:
Chad Pregracke, Founder
Living Lands and Waters

Saturday February 4
8:30-9:30
Preserving our Sporting Heritage
Brent Manning, Executive Director of the
DuPage County Forest Preserve and former
Director of Illinois and Wyoming Departments
of Natural Resources.

9:30-10:30
Water Quality: Beyond the Obvious
Tim Willis, Regional Biologist, Ducks
Unlimited
10:30-10:45-Break

10:45-11:45
Capturing Quicksilver = Healthy Fish
and Healthy Families
Eric Uram, President of Headwater Consulting
and Founder of Mercury Free Wisconsin.
Saturday February 4 (cont.)
11:45-12:45-Lunch

12:45-1:45
Better Farms, Bigger Fish:
Solutions for Land Owners
Julie Sibbing, Senior Program Manager
for Agriculture and Wetlands
Policy-National Wildlife Federation

1:45-3:00
Solutions: Backyard and
Beyond
3:00-3:30-Break

3:30-5:30
Going Where the Fish Live
Three "hands-on" learning stations
sponsored by the Ohio River Valley Sanitation
Commission:
* Chemical Testing
* Biological and Habitat Assessment
* Fish Indexing as a measure of water
quality

Conference Costs
The registration fee for the conference is $10.00 per
person. Dinner Friday night and breakfast and lunch
on Saturday are included in the registration fee.
If you require overnight lodging, this will be provided
at the Hyatt Regency Louisville. Please contact Beyond
the Bay Travel to make reservations (800-542-
1991) and indicate that you are with the "Clean Water
Summit" or go to www.beyondthebay.com.
Air transportation may also be arranged through Beyond
the Bay Travel.

Please enclose a check for $10.00 for each person you are
registering for the conference. Make Check Payable to
the "Clean Water Summit".
Mail to:
Tim Guilfoile
3078 Elmwood Dr.
Edgewood, KY 41017
Call or Email with questions:
Phone: (513) 232-8330
Email: tim.guilfoile@sierraclub.org

Jordan Lubetkin
Regional Communications Manager
National Wildlife Federation
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
213 W. Liberty St., Suite 200
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-1398
Phone: 734-769-3351 x 23
Cell: 734-904-1589
Fax: 734-769-1449
lubetkin@nwf.org

NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.