GLIN==> Alliance for the Great Lakes Leader Cameron Davis this week in the Great Lakes Town Hall

Title: Alliance for the Great Lakes Leader Cameron Davis this week in the Great Lakes Town Hall
This Week in the Great Lakes Town Hall . . .
GLTH Email Header
Dear Great Lakes Neighbor,

Each week we invite grassroots activists, artists, officials, physicians, parents, young people and others to offer insightful commentary on their Great Lakes experiences and views. Of course, we also invite you to comment on their thoughts.

This week, the Great Lakes Town Hall is pleased to welcome Executive Director of the Alliance for the Great Lakes, Cameron Davis. Cam is an experienced Great Lakes advocate equally comfortable in the water or in a legal debate. Don't miss this chance to read a new essay from Cam every day this week - only in the Great Lakes Town Hall!

About Cameron Davis . . .

Cameron Davis is the Executive Director of the Alliance for the Great Lakes. Prior to starting as Executive Director, he was a litigating attorney and served as an adjunct clinical professor at the University of Michigan Law School. He also served with the United Nations Environment Programme in Nairobi, Kenya, and U.S. EPA?s Office of Regional Counsel in Chicago.

He graduated from Boston University in 1986, and received his J.D. and certification in environmental law from the Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1992. He began his career in environmental advocacy as a volunteer for the Lake Michigan Federation in 1986. Today Cameron lives on the shores of Lake Michigan and tries to swim in it at least three times a week, but only when it?s warm enough.

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week. This week co-moderator Dave Dempsey turns his eye toward Wind Farms in the Great Lakes: "The open waters of the Great Lakes are now a field of opportunity for wind power entrepreneurs. One has even sketched out a vision of 36,400 floating wind turbines on Lake Michigan generating the output of 180 nuclear power plants. Do you support using the public's Great Lakes as a wind energy farm? Why or why not?"

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - Wind Power in the Great Lakes - and the views of our guest speaker, Cameron Davis, in the Great Lakes Town Hall.

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as a guest speaker, please reply to this email.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

Jeffrey Potter
Jeffrey Potter
Biodiversity Project's Great Lakes Town Hall

phone: (608) 250-9876

Forward email

This email was sent to glin-announce@great-lakes.net, by jpotter@biodiverse.org