GLIN==> 2006 Planning for Prosperity Summit

Submitted by Catharine Hansford <hansford@landpolicy.msu.edu>

---

Land Use Stakeholders and Friends:

The 2006 Planning for Prosperity Summit will be held on Monday, March 27, at the Kellogg Center on the campus of MSU. While the Michigan State University Land Policy Program and the Land Use Summit Committee have coordinated this year's Summit, which we believe will set a new benchmark for collaboration in land use as it relates to prosperity, our vision is toward an annual Summit that is a collaborative effort in and of itself, sponsored by academics, policymakers, community leaders and funders, and land use stakeholders of all kinds across Michigan and at all levels-local, regional, and statewide.

Attached is the Planning for Prosperity Sponsorship Packet, which outlines the event and the benefits of the highest levels of sponsorship. While we have support from sponsors at these levels, we have also heard from a number of organizations with lesser means that would like to be sponsors. As a result, we have established a sustaining sponsor level for contributions of $250 to $1,000. It is imperative that we all participate in discourse about economic prosperity and land use to be successful in Michigan, addressing such relevant issues as smart growth, regionalism, out-migration, inter-local government cooperation, and numerous other topics.

If you haven't yet registered for the Summit, you may do so online at www.landpolicy.msu.edu. The Summit agenda has also been attached for your information. We are encouraging Prosperity Teams to attend for a reduced fee-interdisciplinary local teams of at least five individuals from any of the categories outlined on our website, and we are offering planning and implementation Prosperity Grants on the day of the Summit to up to seven of the teams that submit proposals for community revitalization projects and are selected. I am pleased to announce that, in addition to a large number of individuals, students, academics, and policymakers registered, we have already surpassed the 25 Prosperity Team mark for the event.

We encourage you to become a Planning for Prosperity sponsor at any level and to attend the Summit, either individually or as part of a team. All contributions are tax deductible, and sponsorship checks should be made out to "Michigan State University." Although not outlined in the attached packet, we will fully recognize all sustaining sponsors on all printed materials and during and after the Summit.

Please email me or call me at 432-8800 Ext. 111 to let me know how you plan to participate in this groundbreaking initiative. Thanks so much for your support.

Catharine Hansford

Catharine M. Hansford
Outreach Coordinator
MSU Land Policy Program