GLIN==> Great Lakes United's annual meeting: June 9-11, 2006

Save the Date!

Great Lakes United’s 24th Annual General Meeting

June 9-11, 2006

Madonna University, Detroit, Michigan

“Time to Review”

Your opportunity to learn, participate, comment and be heard

on the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement review

Keynote: Dr. Gail Krantzberg

Director of the Centre for Engineering and Public Policy at McMaster University

Former Director of the International Joint Commission Great Lakes Office

With presentations by:

Dr. Henry Regier, Professor Emeritus, University of Toronto

Andy Buchsbaum, National Wildlife Federation and the Healing Our Waters Coalition

Nick DeCarlo, Canadian Auto Workers…. and many more!

Hear Dr. Gail Krantzberg, one of the most qualified scientists for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River talk about the importance of the GLWQA Review process and beneficial effects it has and can have for the Basin and the River.

Make this a learning experience about our unique region and how to think outside the box.  Participate in the discussions on relevant environmental and policy issues presented in workshops by various experts in their field. Express your opinions in spirited discussions with people from around the basin and down the River. Make new friends, build your network and promote your community, your organization and your vision.

Registration information is attached

Jennifer Nalbone

Campaign Director, Great Lakes United

(716) 213-0408; web: www.glu.org

Great Lakes United staff represented by UAW Local 55

GLWatch: providing top Great Lakes announcements each month. Send a blank email to: join-gluwatch@list.glu.org

AIS: information on aquatic invasive species in the Great Lakes. Send a blank email to: join-ais@list.glu.org

NAV: information on navigation in the Great Lakes. Send a blank email to: join-nav@list.glu.org