GLIN==> Wisconsin Coastal Management Grants announced

April 17, 2006
Governor Doyle Announces $1.6 Million in Grants for Wisconsin's Coastal Communities
Funds Will Help 42 Projects Along Coast of Lakes Michigan and Superior

Governor Jim Doyle today announced $1.6 million in Coastal Management grants to protect and enhance communities along Wisconsin's coasts. The funds will be used by nonprofit organizations, as well as local, state, and tribal governments to assist with 42 projects totaling nearly $4.1 million.

"The Great Lakes play a key role in Wisconsin's economy and our quality of life," Governor Doyle said. "Caring for these remarkable resources is the responsibility of each generation. I am pleased these grants will help projects protect our coastal resources and heritage so everyone can enjoy all that the Great Lakes have to offer."

For the complete news release and a list of projects, please visit the Governor's website:
http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/journal_media_detail.asp?prid=1916

For more information about the Wisconsin Coastal Management Program, please visit the program website:
http://coastal.wisconsin.gov