GLIN==> Ohio Sea Grant's Twine Line online

The WI 2006 Twine Line (Jan-Mar) issue is now online, along with the Fall issue at www.ohioseagrant.osu.edu/publications/twineline

A special thanks to our Bowling Green researchers, Chris Winslow and Dr. John Farver, for their input on the Research Review articles.

“The Battle of the Bottom Dwellers” and “Fish Rings” have gotten a nice bit of media attention.

Excellent work from our Communications undergrad intern, Daniella Nordin, whose first ever feature article, “The Battle of the Bottom Dwellers,” has sparked feature articles from the Columbus Dispatch and the Toledo Blade.

WINTER Twine Line

  • Research Review--Fish Rings: Research finds fish ear stones may provide historical map of fish migration
  • Stone Lab Summer Tours
  • New COSEE Great Lakes Program
  • 2005 Program Summary
  • Lake Erie Discussion Board
  • Stone Lab Scholarships
  • REU Program
  • 2006 Summer Guest Lecture Series

FALL Twine Line

  • Research Review--The Battle of the Bottom Dwellers: Research finds presence of round gobies decreases growth rate of young smallmouth bass by 50%
  • New Web Sites
  • New Certified Marinas
  • Lake Erie Discussion Board featured in NOAA’s Coastal Services journal
  • Life Jackets
  • New Online Donation Web Page