GLIN==> June 10-11: Maintaining our Resource - Aquatic Invasive Species -- Discover Wisconsin

A special episode of Discover Wisconsin will feature Aquatic Invasive Species threats and control efforts throughout Wisconsin.  This television program is supported by a grant from the Wisconsin Coastal Management Program to the Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission (GLIFWC).  GLIFWC provided matching funds and significant technical assistance for the production.  This program is also part of Invasive Species Awareness Month, sponsored by the Wisconsin Invasive Species Council.

Maintaining our Resource - Aquatic Invasive Species
Discover Wisconsin
Airdates: June 10-11, 2006
http://discoverwisconsin.com

With over 15,000 lakes and nearly 14,000 miles of rivers and streams, it's no wonder why visitors flock to Wisconsin for endless opportunities on the water. From charter fishing for a trophy size catch on the great lakes; to creating lifetime memories with family and friends at a lakeside resort, visitors depend on clean healthy waters when choosing Wisconsin for their vacation getaway. In this special episode of Discover Wisconsin, we will be taking a look at the problem of aquatic invasive species. These foreign plants and animals crowd out native species and transform delicate aquatic ecosystems. We'll learn about some of the most significant threats to Wisconsin waters. We will also show you what is being done in Wisconsin to control present infestation. Lastly well introduce you to volunteers who are working together to prevent the spread of invasives into other waterways. Come discover why maintaining our resources for the future is so important to Wisconsin.

City		Station		Airtime
Milwaukee	WITI TV 6 (FOX)	Sundays 10:00 a.m.
Madison	WKOW TV 27 (ABC)	Saturdays 6:30 p.m.
Eau Claire	WQOW TV 18 (ABC)	Sundays 5:00 p.m.
La Crosse	WXOW TV 19 (ABC) 	Sundays 5:00 p.m.
Wausau	WAOW TV 9 (ABC)	Saturdays 6:30 p.m.
Superior/DuluthWDIO TV 10 (ABC)Sundays 5:30 p.m.
Green Bay	WGBA TV 26 (NBC)	Saturdays 5:00 p.m.
Rockford	WIFR TV 23 (CBS)	Saturdays 6:30 p.m.
Cedar Rapids KFXA 28 (FOX)	Saturdays 6:30 p.m.
Eagle River	WYOW TV 34 (ABC)	Saturdays 6:30 p.m.
Hibbing, MN	WIRT TV 13 (ABC)	Sundays 5:30 p.m.
Marinette/Menomonee W31BK (NBC) Saturdays 6:00 p.m.
Sturgeon Bay W22BW TV 22 (NBC) Saturdays 6:00 p.m.
Minneapolis Fox Sports North	Saturdays 10:00 a.m. Outdoor Block
Chicago Comcast SportsNet 	Saturdays 10:00 a.m.
Wisconsin(Statewide)Fox Sports North Saturdays 10:00 a.m. Outdoor Block
Rochester/AustinFox Sports North Saturdays 10:00 a.m

		Travis Olson
		Program Coordinator: Wetland Protection & Land Use Planning
		Wisconsin Coastal Management Program
		Department of Administration
		101 East Wilson Street, 10th Floor
		P.O. Box 8944