GLIN==> Great Lakes Town Hall Welcomes Author Jeff Rennicke Online

*****
ONLINE ESSAYS THIS WEEK in the GREAT LAKES TOWN HALL -
WWW.GREATLAKESTOWNHALL.ORG
*****

This week, the Great Lakes Town Hall is pleased to welcome Jeff Rennicke,
author of Jewels on the Water: Lake Superior's Apostle Islands. Jeff starts
his week navigating the fog-engulfed Apostle Islands. Don't miss your chance
to respond to a new essay from Jeff every day this week - only in the Great
Lakes Town Hall!

Jeff Rennicke's search for stories has taken him crawling into the dens of
black bears in Colorado, hang gliding over North Carolina's Outer Banks,
river rafting in China, exploring the Antarctic peninsula, kayaking alone
down the rivers of Alaska's Brooks Range, skiing through Minnesota's BWCAW
at -30 degrees, and shooting the rapids of the Colorado River through the
Grand Canyon by dory, all of which he has chronicled in more than 300
magazine articles for Backpacker, National Geographic Adventure, and
Reader's Digest, among others. He is also the author of ten books, most
recently Treasures of Alaska: The Last Great American Wilderness published
by the National Geographic Society and Jewels on the Water: Lake Superior's
Apostle Islands. He lives in Bayfield, Wisconsin on the south shore of Lake
Superior.

Click www.greatlakestownhall.org to see Jeff's essays in the Great Lakes
Town Hall

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new
featured Great Lakes issue each week. This week I?ll be standing in for my
co-moderator Dave Dempsey ? the topic is:  A Great Lakes Declaration of
Independence: "Imagine if those of us living in the Great Lakes watershed
were free to form our own nation, our own laws, and our own protections for
this global treasure? This new country, let?s call it Great Lakeland, would
be to fresh water what Saudi Arabia is to oil - times one hundred."

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue
- A Great Lakes Declaration of Independence - and the views of our guest
speaker, Jeff Rennicke, in the Great Lakes Town Hall.

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for
five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are
unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as
a guest speaker, please reply to this email.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

Jeffrey Potter
Biodiversity Project's Great Lakes Town Hall

Director of Communications Programs
Biodiversity Project
214 N. Henry St. #201
Madison, WI  53703