GLIN==> Great Lakes Ecosystem Information Node (GLEIN) is now online

Submitted by Sandy Morrison <smorrison@usgs.gov

---

http://glein.er.usgs.gov/

The Great Lakes Ecosystems Information Node (GLEIN) is now online!  The first offering on the node is the Goodyear Fish Spawning Atlas IMS, an internet map server created by the Institute for Fisheries Research, a cooperative unit of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the University of Michigan School of Natural Resources and Environment, in collaboration with the USGS Great Lakes Science Center. The IMS version of the Atlas shows users known historic spawning locations of several species and allows them to investigate these locations in the context of recent stocking numbers and recreational fishery catch rates.

Please visit http://glein.er.usgs.gov/ to access the Fish Spawning Atlas IMS and to get more details on what GLEIN is all about.  We welcome your feedback and comments.  We also hope to add new data partners in the future so let us know if we can work with you to serve your Great Lakes biological data. This is just a partial email list so please feel free to forward this message on to others who might be interested.  Thank you!

For questions concerning the Spawning Atlas IMS contact:  Christine Geddes, cgeddes@umich.edu, 734-663-3554, ext. 121.
For questions about GLEIN or becoming a data partner contact:  Scott Nelson, snelson@usgs.gov, 734-214-7243.