GLIN==> Rouge River Water festival @ Cranbrook Institute

Dear Water Resource Professional,

We hope you'll join us in leading an effort to teach school children
about our most precious resource: fresh, clean water. For the past three
years, Cranbrook Institute of Science (CIS)  has sponsored a Rouge River
Water Festival for nearly 2,000 fifth-graders who learn through a series
of interactive presentations how water affects their daily lives. The
2006 Rouge River Water Festival at Cranbrook Institute of Science is
currently being planned and we are writing to ask for your help in
conducting this event. The intent of the water festival is to provide an
educational and enjoyable learning experience that supports the
educational objectives of school science programs. Oakland County
students within the Rouge River Watershed were invited to the campus of
CIS for this half-day educational experience. Each class is invited to
attend one half-day session. We have a split day format with
approximately 15 classes for each of the sessions. Each session lasts 25
minutes.  Will you please join us as a presenter or volunteer guide
this year? The Festival is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, September
13, 2006, Thursday, September 14, 2006, and Friday, September 15, 2006.
All presenters and volunteers will receive a free Water Festival tee
shirt and a box lunch for volunteering their time and expertise at the
Rouge River Water Festival.  We ask that presenters arrive at 8:00 a.m.
for a continental breakfast and to set up presentations.  Volunteer
guides are asked to arrive at 8:30 for a continental breakfast and a
brief orientation. The festival is from 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on all
days.  Can you help us? At this time, we need approximately 20-25
professionals on each of the days.  You may choose to help on one, two
or all three days.  For your convenience, I have attached both a
presenter and volunteer  registration form. If you have any questions
regarding this event, please contact me at the Cranbrook Institute of
Science (248) 645-3240 or email marquette@cranbrook.edu. We thank you
for your time and look forward to working with you and your colleagues
at the 2006 Rouge River Water Festival.

Michele

Michele Arquette-Palermo
Program Coordinator
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Education Department
PO Box 801
Bloomfield Hills , MI 48303
Marquette@cranbrook.edu
Phone 248-645-3240
Fax 248-645-3050

Cranbrook: more than 100 years of excellence in education, science and
art