GLIN==> Restoration Web Poll, Keith Dimoff, and more on the Great Lakes Town Hall

This Week:  Great Lakes Restoration Topics Online:

WHO DO YOU TRUST TO MANAGE GREAT LAKES RESTORATION?  VOTE ON OUR WEB POLL . . .

In the US, a multi-billion dollar restoration package has been proposed for the Great Lakes. Potential projects include new sewer systems, wildlife habitat protection, and more. But who is best suited to manage the funds and restore the lakes?

Vote on the Great Lakes Town Hall homepage Web Poll at www.greatlakestownhall.org!

THE DETROIT PISTONS, CREDIT CARDS AND GREAT LAKES RESTORATION?

Find out what these have in common, and more, as Keith Dimoff, Deputy Director for the Ohio Environmental Council, serves as guest speaker with original essays each day this week.  At the Ohio Environmental Council, Keith has helped to develop the Clean Water Program’s outreach to local watershed groups, workshops and conferences, in addition to his policy and legal advocacy at the Statehouse and with state agencies. He has been with the OEC since 1998, and previously worked for five years at the Ohio EPA.  Read and respond to all of Keith’s essays this week at www.greatlakestownhall.org.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE RESTORE?

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week. This week Town Hall Co-moderator Jeffrey Potter ponders the question: United We Stand, Divided We Restore? "The Great Lakes cannot be protected or restored unless we see a collaborative effort, but that effort might be too daunting if we don’t focus on the bits and pieces."  Read and respond to this short essay at www.greatlakestownhall.org.