[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: GLIN==> Great Lakes Fish & Wildlife Restoration Act Passes
- Subject: Re: GLIN==> Great Lakes Fish & Wildlife Restoration Act Passes
- From: Steven Pollack <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hXtW50/symBVvixiRVHhNVKJkxgKt1V9rq1Kef/MJy/2ApSopJ5vbIvH1qMcRzGWAFekFgPXJHE1XI7SJfCyITepTh3ZYr7OjwgY9A4MpjJl3kKr6UIQaL0KqnDFEKtXc1pa0Cu9yCFdMsT5DFhgC2eVw+m7Fib7ZRUzk6g8lkQ= ;
- In-reply-to: <CEBA3A954D3C6E4DA655BA92E3C57C6CFEA805@SENATE-MS20.senate.ussenate.us>
- List-name: GLIN-Announce
Title: Great Lakes Fish & Wildlife Restoration Act Passes
I am not trying to throw cold water on this because any money spent on the Great Lakes is a good thing but $16 million? We spend $80 billion a year in Iraq which equates to $220 million per day. Kind of hard to get excited about an hour and a half's worth of spending on our major source of fresh surface water. Yay politicians!
"Mulinex, Joy (Levin)" <Joy_Mulinex@levin.senate.gov> wrote:
Last night, the U.S. Senate passed S. 2430, the Great Lakes Fish & Wildlife Restoration
Act. The bill reauthorizes the existing state and tribal grant program, authorizes new authority for the Fish & Wildlife Service to undertake regional restoration projects with guidance from states and tribes, and authorizes the Service to maintain a website to report actions taken under this Act. The legislation doubles the existing authorization from $8 million to $16 million. Reauthorization of this program is one of the Great Lakes Regional Collaboration Strategy Report recommendations. The bill had first passed the Senate in July and was passed earlier this week by the House. Because the House amended S. 2430, the Senate needed to pass the amended bill. Senators Mike DeWine (R-OH) and Carl Levin (D-MI) were the Senate sponsors, and Representatives Dale Kildee (D-MI) and Mark Kirk (R-IL) were the House sponsors. To view the bill, go to http://thomas.loc.gov/.
Great Lakes Task Force Director
Senators Carl Levin (MI) and Mike DeWine (OH)
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.