GLIN==> Great Lakes News: Between Editions, November 2006

Between Editions
November 2006

In this Issue:

The U.P. Needs Your Help

Speaking Out on Live Fire

You've Been Heard

Mid-Term Elections and the Great Lakes

Watch Your Mailbox

Support Great Lakes United

line

The U.P. Needs Your Help

The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality is poised to decide whether Kennecott Eagle Minerals Company will be able to begin a sulfide mining operation in the Upper Peninsula. The mine risks the health of the entire Great Lakes, and citizens are encouraged to act quickly.

Click to learn more about how you can be heard....

Speaking Out on Live Fire Training

The period to comment on the United States Coast Guard’s proposal to conduct live fire training on the Great Lakes has come to a close, but not after galvanizing strong opposition from the basin community on both sides of the border.

Click to learn more about GLU's opposition to the proposal...

You've Been Heard

A delegation of members of Great Lakes United's Board of Directors had a chance to meet with senior officials at Environment Canada.

Click to learn more about what was discussed...

Mid-Term Elections and the Great Lakes

The political landscape of the United States made a significant shift with the recent mid-term elections. With the Democrats taking control of both the House and the Senate, there could be serious implications for the Great Lakes.

Click to learn more about what this means for the basin....

Watch your Mailbox

It's been an active fall in the Great Lakes. To get up to speed on what's been happening you can turn to Great Lakes News. The winter edition will be arriving to the mailboxes of members very shortly.

Click to learn more about what you will find in it...

Support Great Lakes United

Great Lakes United has been working hard this year. But our work cannot continue without the support of our members.

Click to learn more about protecting the Great Lakes...

Brent Gibson
Communications Coordinator
Great Lakes United
bgibson@glu.org | http://www.glu.org

Celebrating 25 years of Great Lakes Protection
Join us in Toronto June 15-17 for our 25th Annual General Meeting!
For more information visit
http://www.glu.org/25years