GLIN==> Peter Annin, Author of "The Great Lakes Water Wars," This Week in the Great Lakes Town Hall

Like the town meetings on which it is modeled, the Great Lakes Town Hall (http://www.greatlakestownhall) provides a "space" where residents from all across the Great Lakes basin can come together to identify common concerns, set the political agenda, share and develop collective solutions, and demand - as a public - that the Lakes are clean, abundant, and natural for generations to come.

This week, the Town Hall is pleased to interview Peter Annin, author of The Great Lakes Water Wars. Peter characterizes the question of who is entitled to Lake water as the "Spotted Owl Issue for the Great Lakes." Also featured this week are essays by Darlene DeHudy, president of Muskegon Save Our Shoreline. Darlene writes about a successful citizen campaign to prevent industrial wastewater dumping into Lake Michigan.

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - "The Spotted Owl Issue for the Great Lakes" - and the views of our guest speaker, Darlene DeHudy, in the Great Lakes Town Hall: http://www.greatlakestownhall.org.

And while you're visiting, don't forget to vote on how we should be prioritizing Great Lakes restoration - look for the "What Do You Think?" box on the Town Hall's home page.

Paige Wilder
Great Lakes Town Hall Manager
Biodiversity Project
214 N Henry Street #201