GLIN==> Coast Guard Live Fire Training Program

Our group, the Blue Eco Legal Council filed a 60-day notice of intent to sue for the Coast Guard's live fire training program.  The discharge of lead into the Great Lakes and into the local water supply violates almost every major federal environmental law.

From the Safe Drinking Water Act to the Clean Water Act, from RCRA to CERCLA, Congress has clearly prohibited this activity.  In our view, there is no decision for the Coast Guard to make because Congress has been so clear on lead pollution.  Lead is designated a Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxin (PBT) under federal law.

At the end of our 60 day notice period, around January 21, we intend to file suit for declaratory and injunctive relief in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. For more information, including our public comments and 60-day notice, visit our site http://ecoesq.com/CoastGuardLiveFire.html

Sincerely,

Steven B. Pollack, Attorney
Executive Director, Blue Eco Legal Council
1954 First St, Unit 237
Highland Park, IL 60035