GLIN==> Duluth Area Streams Talk

                             MN SEA GRANT
                             NEWS RELEASE

1/9/07
Contact: Tari Rayala, AIA, (218) 591-6892, tari_rayala@charter.net

Area Streams: The Past

Do you know where Oregon Creek, Greys Creek, or Buckingham Creek are in Duluth? Numerous creeks and streams flow throughout the community, many in obscurity. Attend "Area Streams: The Past," part of the informative, thought-provoking, and interactive Re-establishing Connections to Our Waterways speaker series beginning on Tuesday, January 16, at 7 p.m. in the Fitger's Northern Lights Theater to learn history of Duluth's creeks and how we've affected them. The panel includes both waterway experts and long-term residents.

The event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. The speaker series continues the second Tuesday of February and March. Brought to you by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Northern Chapter with support from Minnesota Sea Grant in celebration of AIA's 150th anniversary.