GLIN==> Great Lakes News: Between Editions, January 2007

Between Editions
January 2007

In this Issue:

Live Fire Battles Comes to an End

Liquid Soul Teams with Great Lakes United to Help Save the Lakes

EPA Proceeds with Plan to Loosen Reporting of Toxics

Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement Review: Update Calls

An Agreement for the Twenty-First Century

25 Years of Great Lakes Protection

line

Live Fire Battle Comes to an End

The public spoke and the US Coast Guard listened: the proposal to conduct live fire training on the Great Lakes has been withdrawn.

Click to learn more about Great Lakes United's reaction....

Liquid Soul Teams with Great Lakes United to Help Save the Lakes

Grammy-nominated Jazz-funk group Liquid Soul is playing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to help raise funds for the protection of the Great Lakes.

Click to learn more about the concert....

Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement Review: Update Calls

Nearly all of the the working group reports are in: what's the next step for the review? Join our calls to find out.

Click to learn more about these calls...

EPA Proceeds with Plan to Loosen Reporting of Toxics

In a move that will ease the life of polluters and undermine the public's right-to-know, the EPA is loosening reporting requirements for toxic substances.

Click to learn more about this decision and what you can do...

An Agreement for the Twenty-first Century

This holiday season basin residents were demanding a Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement that could meet the needs of the twenty-first century.

Click to learn more about what GLU thinks must be done...

25 Years of Great Lakes Protection

Has it been a quarter of a century already? Great Lakes United will be celebrating it's twenty-fifth anniversary in June. In the meantime we have plans to look back on what has happened during our lifetime.

Click to learn more about the progress of Great Lakes protection...

Brent Gibson
Communications Coordinator
Great Lakes United
bgibson@glu.org | http://www.glu.org

Celebrating 25 years of Great Lakes Protection
Join us in Toronto June 15-17 for our 25th Annual General Meeting!
For more information visit
http://www.glu.org/25years