GLIN==> A Great Lakes President in 2008? - Vote Online

A Great Lakes President in 2008? - Vote Online at www.greatlakestownhall.org

Although the US presidential primary races are a year away, eight people from the Great Lakes region are possible candidates. Who do you think is most likely to support increased funding for the restoration and protection of our Great Lakes

Vote online at the Great Lakes Town Hall homepage poll:  www.greatlakestownhall.org

While you’re there, check out our Featured Issue:  Did you know that 15 of the 43 U.S. presidents were from Great Lakes states (16 if you count Grover Cleveland, our 22nd and 24th president, twice)? In fact, from 1869 to 1913, the presidency was held exclusively by men from Great Lakes states. Some of our most revered leaders were from the region, including Abraham Lincoln (IL), Ulysses Grant (OH), Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt (NY). Unfortunately, the region did not fare as well over the last few decades. Gerald Ford was our last Great Lakes President . . . read more online.

Or, if you’re inclined, why not start your own discussion in the Community Bulletin Section?

Stay Warm Friends,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Potter

Director of Communications Programs