GLIN==> Great Lakes News: Between Editions, February 2007

Between Editions

February 2007

In this Issue:

Great Lakes Calls

The Environment: Most Important Problem?

Liquid Soul Concert Rescheduled

Throw Back Bill C-45

Accounting for Self Regulation

Great Lakes Tipline

GLU Home

About Us

Join Us

line

Great Lakes Calls

Recently Great Lakes United hosted a series of conference calls to update people on the status of the review of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.

Click to learn more about what was discussed....

The Environment: Most Important Problem?

Canadian media outlets are reporting that the environment is regarded as the most-important problem facing Canada. We want to know how you have been taking advantage of the increased relevance of environmental issues.

Click to learn more about the our survey....

Liquid Soul Concert Rescheduled

Liquid Soul will be returning to Cleveland to play a benefit concert to save the Great Lakes. Join us for a night of great music.

Click to learn more about the concert...

Throw Back Bill C-45

The Canadian federal government plans to introduce a new Fisheries Act. There is no question, Canada needs an act that can keep pace with the twenty-first century; however, Bill C-45 is not it.

Click to learn more about what you can do about Bill C-45...

Accounting for Self-Regulation

Self regulation of logging and pulp mills has failed. Thanks to Sierra Legal Defence Fund we now have information to demonstrate it.

Click to learn more about Sierra Legal's success...

Great Lakes Tipline

What's making news in your corner of the basin? We want to know!

Click to learn more about how to pitch stories to Great Lakes News...

Brent Gibson

Communications Coordinator

Great Lakes United

bgibson@glu.org | http://www.glu.org

Celebrating 25 years of Great Lakes Protection

Join us in Toronto June 15-17 for our 25th Annual General Meeting!

For more information visit

http://www.glu.org/25years