GLIN==> Adopt a Stream Training for Clinton River Watershed

As a CRWC volunteer I will be leading this training . Please forward
this on to any groups or individuals you think may be interested .

Hi Everyone,

If you enjoy being outdoors and near the water, we have a program for
you!
Adopt-A-Stream is the Clinton River Watershed Council's (CRWC)
volunteer-based water quality monitoring program. Volunteers team up to
monitor different sites along the Clinton River and its tributaries.
Monitoring takes place in spring and fall each year. Your participation
helps us track the state of water quality in the Clinton River
watershed, so
we can keep our water resources healthy!

The first step to becoming a participant is to attend a 1.5 hour
introductory session, "Introduction to the Watershed." Here you'll learn
about the Clinton River watershed and several issues that affect its
water
quality. This training session occurs indoors. Upon completion, you'll
be
prepared to take the next step: "Field Training," our outdoor training
session.

Please join us for our "Introduction to the Watershed":

Monday, February 26, 2007 at 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Shadbush Nature Center

4101 River Bends Drive

Shelby Township, MI 48317

For more information or to register, email Ted Bolak, the CRWC
Stewardship
Director: ted@crwc.org.

Michele Arquette-Palermo
Program Coordinator
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Education Department
PO Box 801
Bloomfield Hills , MI 48303
Marquette@cranbrook.edu
Phone 248-645-3240
Fax 248-645-3050

Cranbrook: more than 100 years of excellence in education, science and
art