GLIN==> Event: Area Streams-The Future

                                MN SEA GRANT
                                NEWS RELEASE

3/8/2007

Contact: Tari Rayala, AIA, (218) 591-6892, tari_rayala@charter.net

AREA STREAMS: THE FUTURE

Now that we finally have snow, what will happen to it when it all melts? Attend the last in the series of informative and thought-provoking speaker presentations on Tuesday, March 13 at 7 p.m. in the Fitger?s Northern Lights Theater to find out about meltwater and stormwater runoff and how to protect water quality for the future of our streams.

Panelists representing a variety of sectors, from industry to non-profit, homeowner to municipality, plus the Fond du Lac Tribe will participate in an audience-interactive discussion. Hear about forward-thinking solutions that are currently implemented to deal with stormwater issues. The program will address how you can get involved in the planning process, what is a charrette, and what you can do to protect the water quality of neighborhood streams. The event is free and open to the public. Brought to you by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Northern Chapter with support from Minnesota Sea Grant in celebration of AIA?s 150th Anniversary.

###

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * glin-announce is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN): http://www.great-lakes.net