GLIN==> Spring Training for Adopt-a-Beach

Title: Spring Training for Adopt-a-Beach

Spring Training: Adopt-a-Beach Spring Kickoff

Register to learn how you can help keep the Great Lakes healthy by adopting a beach in time to join the Alliance for the Great Lakes' Adopt-a-Beach Spring Kickoff in April in conjunction with Earth Day.

The first evening training session is Tuesday, March 13, in Grand Haven, Mich.; other sessions are scheduled for the coming weeks in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. Volunteers will be trained to collect Adopt-a-Beach data, conduct water quality monitoring, enter data online and educate the public about beach health.

>From April 14-30 participate in the Alliance's Adopt-a-Beach Spring Kickoff, joining beach-lovers from the Great Lakes states during Earth Week.

Beach adoption is a citizen science and service learning opportunity for everyone: families, individuals, school groups, businesses and community groups. Adopters make three to five beach visits per year, picking up litter, monitoring water and beach quality, and helping identify the biggest sources of litter.

It's easy, fun and makes a difference for the people and wildlife that depend on our Great Lakes! The kickoff helps raise awareness about beach health for the millions who will soon be out enjoying the shorelines.

To register for a training session, schedule your first visit as a new adopter or renew your Adopt-a-Beach participation as a seasoned adopter, contact adoptabeach@greatlakes.org.
For more information, visit www.greatlakes.org/adopt/.

AAB 2007 Spring Training Sessions:

INDIANA
March 21, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Charter School of the Dunes, Room D1, 860 N. Lake St., Gary.

ILLINOIS
March 29, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston

April 11, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Alliance for the Great Lakes office, 17 N. State St., Suite 1390, Chicago.

MICHIGAN
March 13, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Alliance for the Great Lakes office, 700 Fulton Ave., Suite A, Grand Haven.

WISCONSIN
March 27, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Milwaukee Environmental Consortium, 1845 N. Farwell St., Suite 100, Milwaukee.

March 28, 4:30 p.m.-6 p.m., Havenwoods State Forest, 6141 Hopkins Ave., Milwaukee.

Susan Campbell
Communications Manager
Alliance for the Great Lakes

Visit http://www.greatlakes.org