[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
GLIN==> Lake Erie Lighthouse and Island Tours Offered
- Subject: GLIN==> Lake Erie Lighthouse and Island Tours Offered
- From: "Abbie Basile" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:27:35 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: GLIN-Announce
- Thread-index: AceB9//9upz5NOJQQv2/jArDuYxcxw==
Island & The South Bass Island Lighthouse This
This summer make plans to tour two Put-in-Bay
landmarks on Lake Erie -- Gibraltar Island and the South Bass Island
Discover the area's
rich history and learn about current Lake Erie research.
Gibraltar Island is the home of the unique Cooke
Castle and Stone Laboratory, The Ohio State University's Island Campus.
Offering a window to a world
gone-by, the South Bass Island Lighthouse is listed on the National
Register of Historic Places.
State University’s Ohio Sea Grant and Stone Laboratory, in
partnership with University Student Affairs, will offer public tours of these two sites.
For more information about the tours, visit stonelab.osu.edu/tours.
The Ohio State
University’s Ohio Sea Grant program is
part of NOAA Sea Grant, a network of 30 Sea Grant programs dedicated to the
protection and sustainable use of marine and Great