GLIN==> Envisioning Our Coastal Future - Chicago Meeting Invitation

Posted on behalf of the Coastal States Organization and NOAA. Contact: Jena Carter <jcarter@coastalstates.org>

---
Dear Colleague,

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the Coastal
States
Organization (CSO) want to improve the way our nation manages its coasts. To
do that, we
need your input.

Please join us at the Federal Reserve Bank in Chicago, Illinois on May 21,
2007, when we
host one of a series of nationwide meetings designed to solicit innovative
ideas that will
shape legislation being submitted to Congress later this year.

During the meeting, NOAA and CSO will present our joint initiative,
Envisioning the Future
of Coastal Management, followed by facilitated comment sessions. We want to
hear your
success stories, best management practices, and innovative solutions for how
coastal
management can be better. Topics will include:

- Coastal Issues - What are the most important challenges now and in the
future?

- Current Policies and Programs - What is working well? What can be
improved?

- Solutions - What new, innovative approaches will move coastal management
forward? How
can we improve the Coastal Zone Management Act?  What tools are needed to
build strong
coastal communities and healthy coasts?

- Setting Goals and Measuring Success - Should goals be set? If so, what
should they be?
How can we ensure that management approaches are effective?

Attendance will be on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is
reached. Please
register by May 11, 2007 at http://colamedia.com/cm/.

There is no registration fee to attend and lunch will be provided. If you
have any
questions, please contact our contractor Resource Plus at
vikram.bapat@resource-plus.com
or (617) 385-5028.

If you are unable to attend the meeting in Chicago, please submit your
comments via the
web or join us at one of the other stakeholder meetings scheduled in Boston,
Atlanta, San
Francisco or Honolulu. A full meeting schedule and additional information
about the
Envisioning project and submitting on-line comments can be found at
http://coastalmanagement.noaa.gov/czm/czma_vision.html.

Thank you for taking advantage of this opportunity to impact the way our
coasts are
managed. We want to hear your voice and look forward to your participation.

Sincerely,

Kacky Andrews, Executive Director, Coastal States Organization
David Kennedy, Director, Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management,
NOAA