GLIN==> Seiche Newsletter Available

Minnesota Sea Grant's "Seiche" online newsletter is now online:
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/newsletter/

Topics include:

-Minnesota Sea Grant Selects New Research Projects
Find out which research projects we recently chose to fund to the tune of $606,900. The seven projects involve Lake Superior and Great Lakes issues.

-Quagga Mussel Population Found in Harbor
The single quagga mussel found previously in the Duluth-Superior Harbor was just the tip of the iceberg of the population. Another invasive species, Chinese mitten crabs, have also shown up in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

-Readers Want to Know
What produced the light we saw glowing over, on, and in Lake Superior last October?

-New University Institute Taps Sea Grant Researchers
Over half of the people chosen to guide the University of Minnesota's new Institute on the Environment have ties to Minnesota Sea Grant.

...plus information on other staff activities and new products/services. If you'd like to be on the mailing list to receive a hard copy of this publication, please send me your name and street address. Or, if you'd like to receive a personal e-mail notification when the Seiche is available on the web, please send me your e-mail address. Subscription is FREE.

"Superior Science for You!"

Marie Zhuikov (pronounced zwee-cough)
Communications Coordinator
Minnesota Sea Grant - UMD