GLIN==> What's New and Notable, 15 May 2007

Title: GLIN: What's New and Notable

GLIN home.

What's New & Notable

For daily Great Lakes news, bookmark www.glin.net/news

Thoughts on the Next Generation of Stewards, By Great Lakes Author Jerry Dennis
www.glft.org/StewardshipInitiative/JerryDennis.pdf

A new Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative was launched in April 2007 by the Great Lakes Fishery Trust. This essay provides some important insights about understanding our place in nature and teaching future generations about caring for our precious natural resources. For more on the Stewardship Initiative, see www.glft.org/StewardshipInitiative/LaunchMeeting.htm.

Great Lakes Waters Studies Institute
www.nmc.edu/glwsi

Located on West Grand Traverse Bay, the institute has access to classrooms, labs, and world-class conference facilities. The mission of the institute is to provide learning opportunities; to build, support, and encourage partnerships that achieve shared missions and to bring people and organizations together to learn about and address freshwater issues and needs.

Water Walk 2007
www.motherearthwaterwalk.com

A group of Native Americans and supporters are walking, with a bucket of water in hand, around Lake Erie this year to raise awareness of our most precious resource, water.

Envisioning the Future of Coastal Management
http://colamedia.com/cm

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the Coastal States Organization want to hear your success stories, best management practices, and innovative solutions for how coastal management can be better. Attend a meeting in person or submit your comments via the NOAA website at http://coastalmanagement.noaa.gov/czm/czma_vision.html

Natural Resources Defense Council
www.nrdc.org/default.asp

NRDC's revamped homepage spotlights top campaigns and features in an easy-to-use animated presentation, while new Issues, News and Green Living sections give visitors quick access to the resources you're looking for. See the About Our New Website page for a guide to the new site.

A View From the Lake
www.seagrant.umn.edu/vfl

Board the RV L.L. Smith, Jr. for the fourth year of "A View From the Lake." During the 3-hour boat tour, learn about Lake Superior's ecology and native fishes and hear the latest about low water levels, the warming waters of the lake, invasive species, and stormwater runoff, all from a fish-eye's view.

Archive

If you're interested in exchanging links with GLIN or furthering your partnership
with the regional network, visit www.great-lakes.net/about/partner.html

Christine Manninen
GLIN Webmaster
Great Lakes Commission