GLIN==> Press release: Motorcycling magazine names Seaway Trail Fantastic Ride

Title: Press release: Motorcycling magazine names Seaway Trail Fantastic Ride
PRESS RELEASE: May 17, 2007
Contact:  Teresa Mitchell, Seaway Trail, Inc., 315-646-1000, 800-SEAWAY-T

Motorcycling Magazine Names Great Lakes Seaway Trail One Fantastic Ride

An August 2006 tour of the Great Lakes Seaway Trail inspired RoadRUNNER Motorcycling Contributing Editor James T. Parks to name the 518-mile byway route that parallels the St. Lawrence River, Lake Ontario, Niagara River and Lake Erie in New York and Pennsylvania one of seven “Fantastic Rides” in the June 2007 issue of the magazine published out of North Carolina for a national and international audience.

“Our readers are people who enjoy taking any type of motorcycle on overnight tours. We try to provide riders with all the necessary information for them to devote a week of their vacation to one of our featured tours,” Parks says.

A cover headline references the seven-page feature on the Great Lakes Seaway Trail. Among the sites Parks and photographer Bruce Read visited aboard their touring motorcycles on the Niagara Falls-to-Massena stretch of the byway were Niagara Falls State Park, Lakeview Motel & Cottage  – owned by Wally Nowacki, a Harley rider, in Youngstown; Old Fort Niagara, Youngstown; Old Sodus Lighthouse, Sodus Point; the Seaway Trail Discovery Center, Sackets Harbor; The Antique Boat Museum, Clayton; Boldt Castle, Alexandria Bay; and the St. Lawrence Seaway’s Eisenhower Locks at Massena.

Seaway Trail, Inc., the not-for-profit organization promoting travel and tourism and related economic development, began actively promoting its byway as a destination for motorcycle travelers in 2005.

Seaway Trail, Inc. President and CEO Teresa Mitchell says, “As gas prices began impacting the travel market, we began promoting the Seaway Trail to markets closer to home and to those can travel less expensively, for example, by motorcycle. A large segment of the twenty-three and a half million motorcycle operators in the U.S. like to travel on their bikes.”

The Seaway Trail has also been featured in HOG Tales, a magazine for Harley Owners Group members, and is among suggested rides at motorcycleroads.com. For more information about RoadRUNNER Motorcycling, go to www.rrmotorcycling.com Details on traveling the Great Lakes Seaway Trail are found at www.seawaytrail.com. # # #