GLIN==> FY08 National Fish Passage Program Funding Increase - Input Requested

The National Fish Passage Program administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is slated to receive a $6 million increase in President Bush?s Fiscal Year 2008 budget that will bring the total program funding nation-wide to $11 million. I am excited about the possibilities to access the potential increase in funding to address fish passage issues in the Lake Michigan watershed and am seeking your assistance to identify potential fish passage projects where this funding could be applied.

A primary focus of the $6 million increase is on dam removal, but all types of fish passage projects will be considered including; rock ramps, stream grade control structure modifications, perched culvert renovations, low water crossing improvements and fish ladder restoration.

To be ready for the expected funding increase, the Green Bay Fishery Resources Office is developing a list of potential projects within the Lake Michigan watershed. Your knowledge of potential projects is extremely valuable to the Service. We would like to learn about passage projects that could be completed in calendar year 2008 or any other dam removal project that may need funding in the next several years.

If you have projects in the Lake Michigan watershed you would like to apply for fish passage funding, please contact Mr. Stewart Cogswell (920-877-1763) for projects in Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan or Mr. Rick Westerhof (2231-584-3553) for projects in the lower Michigan and Indiana.

To be timely, we would like to hear about your about potential projects by Friday, August 31, 2007.

Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.

Mark E. Holey
Project Leader
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Green Bay Fishery Resources Office
2661 Scott Tower Drive
New Franken, WI 54229-9565
920-866-1760
920-866-1710 fax

is located at the end of this message.)
__

[...]

-- The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:

You are subscribed to the following list:
	Lake Michigan Forum List Serve

using the following email:
	captainrgreenwood@hotmail.com

You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by
visiting the following URL:

<http://lkmichiganforum.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/u/lkmichlist/>

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the
entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break
this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

<http://lkmichiganforum.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/list/lkmichlist>

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

<mailto:kdick@delta-institute.org>

The following physical address is associated with this mailing list:

Lake Michigan Forum
c/o The Delta Institute
53 West Jackson Blvd.
Suite 230