GLIN==> Draft NOAA 5 Year Research Plan for 2007-2011 is now open for public comment.

http://www.nrc.noaa.gov/plans.html
Newly Released! Draft NOAA 5 Year Research Plan for 2007-2011
<plans_docs/5YearPlan07.pdf>
(http://www.nrc.noaa.gov/plans_docs/5YearPlan07.pdf) is now open for
public comment.
Please send your feedback to noaa.review.5year@noaa.gov. Instructions
for Submitting Comments
<http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gp
o.gov/2007/E7-11701.htm>
NOAA is pleased to announce the publication of the first corporate
5-Year Research Plan and 20-Year Research Vision for the agency. The
5-Year Research Plan supports the four mission goal areas identified in
the NOAA Strategic Plan - Ecosystems, Climate, Weather and Water, and
Commerce and Transportation - while underscoring the importance of
research that cuts across traditional disciplinary boundaries. The
5-Year Research Plan includes milestones for NOAA's research that are
aimed at improving our products and information services in the near
term, while the 20-Year Research Vision adopts a longer-term perspective
of the environmental and ecological challenges our nation faces and the
technological and scientific advances we can expect to help meet those
challenges. The 5-Year Research Plan and 20-Year Research Vision are
posted below. To view these documents, you must have Adobe Acrobat
Reader <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html> . Go to
http://www.nrc.noaa.gov/plans.html to view these documents.
The NOAA Research Council welcomes your comments on the 5-Year Research
Plan and 20-Year Research Vision. Comments and questions should be
directed to:

Derek Parks
Executive Secretariat
NOAA Research Council