GLIN==> Register Today: Healing Our Waters - Great Lakes Restoration Conference

Register today for the 2007 Healing Our Waters® Great Lakes Restoration Conference, September 6-8 in Chicago, Illinois. Deadlines for scholarships and discounted hotel rooms are looming, so don't miss this opportunity to be a part of the most important Great Lakes event of the year.

To learn more and register, visit:
http://www.greatlakes.org/calendar/restoration_conference.asp

About the conference:
We have a once-in-a-generation chance to significantly restore the health of our Great Lakes, to help our children and their children enjoy the Lakes as we have. This year's event, to be held near the Lake Michigan lakefront and Chicago's new international attraction, Millennium Park, will build on the success of the First and Second Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conferences.

Why attend?
To advance the effort to restore the Great Lakes for future generations.

Set the restoration agenda:
Conference participants have an opportunity to advance Great Lakes restoration by unifying the region behind a priority list of restoration programs to advocate for in Washington, D.C., building a compelling case for passing the national Great Lakes Collaboration Implementation Act, and inspiring citizens and organizations to join the drive to restore the Great Lakes.

Gain the skills to take action for the Great Lakes:
The conference will help participants better understand the issues facing the Lakes and the actions they can take to protect them.

Network with people at the center of the effort to restore the Great Lakes:
As always, leading stakeholders will attend the conference, providing attendees with the opportunity to meet key players from government, business and advocacy groups who are essential to making Great Lakes restoration succeed, build partnerships, and join the movement to restore the Great Lakes.

Who should attend?
# People committed to Great Lakes restoration
# Business leaders dependent on the Great Lakes
# Local, state, federal and tribal government officials
# Federal and state lawmakers and legislative staff
# Community leaders from across the Great Lakes Basin
# Scientists and researchers
# Environmental and conservation groups
# Travel and tourism interests
# Boating, fishing and recreation interests
# Environmental consulting firms and agencies
# Governmental affairs staff

For more information
Contact: Martha Borie Wood, events program manager, Alliance for the Great Lakes, at: 312-939-0838 ext. 227, or mboriewood@greatlakes.org