GLIN==> This week in the GL Town Hall: Cam Davis on prospective presidents

This Week in the Great Lakes Town Hall...

GLTH Email Header

Each week we invite grassroots activists, artists, officials, physicians, parents, young people and others to offer insightful commentary on their Great Lakes experiences and views. Of course, we also invite you to comment on their thoughts.

This week, the Town Hall is pleased to welcome Cameron Davis, President and Executive Director of the Alliance for the Great Lakes. Don't miss your chance to read and respond to Cameron Davis' Great Lakes perspectives every day this week - only in the Great Lakes Town Hall!

CameronDavis About Cameron Davis. . .

Cameron Davis is the President and Chief Executive Director of the Alliance for the Great Lakes. Prior to starting this position, he was a litigating attorney and served as an adjunct clinical professor at the University of Michigan Law School. He also served with the United Nations Environment Programme in Nairobi, Kenya, and U.S. EPA's Office of Regional Counsel in Chicago.

He graduated from Boston University in 1986, and received his J.D. and certification in environmental law from the Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1992. He began his career in environmental advocacy as a volunteer for the Lake Michigan Federation in 1986. Today Cameron lives on the shores of Lake Michigan and tries to swim in it at least three times a week, but only when it's warm enough.

Read and respond to Cameron Davis in the Town Hall

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week, provided by co-moderators Jeffrey Potter, Dave Dempsey, Gary Wilson, and Brenna Wanous. This week, Gary compares the environmental restoration plan of the Everglades to that of the Great Lakes to gain insight on how the Great Lakes restoration might avoid the issues and challenges that the Everglades restoration faces.

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - Everglades Restoration Stalled - What Can We Learn? - and the thoughts of Cameron Davis, in the Great Lakes Town Hall all this week!

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as a guest speaker, please reply to this email.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

Brenna Wanous
Great Lakes Town Hall Manager

Biodiversity Project