GLIN==> McCain on Water Diversion

The Detroit Free Press today published excerpts of a Q&A with presidential hopeful Sen. John McCain and the paper's editorial board. The paper asks McCain whether thirsty states such as his should be allowed access to Great Lakes water. You can read it here:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071221/OPINION02/712210336/1068/OPINION

Props to the Free Press for putting the question to McCain. I'd love to see media in Michigan and the other Great Lakes states do the same. Now's the time to see where Presidential candidates stand.

For our part, the Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition is tracking whether Presidential candidates are stepping up to the plate on Great Lakes restoration. You can read about our take on the issue on our blog: http://www.healthylakes.org/

Happy holidays.
jordan

*** Please note my new phone number below--(734) 887-7109 . ***

Jordan Lubetkin
Regional Communications Manager
National Wildlife Federation
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
213 W. Liberty St., Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1398
www.nwf.org
www.healthylakes.org

Phone: (734) 887-7109
Cell: (734) 904-1589

Inspiring Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.