GLIN==> [Fwd: Re: COSEE outreach opportunities]

COSEE-Great Lakes has limited funding (<$400 per presenter to reimburse registration costs, for 6-8 presenters) available to support presentations by scientists (including graduate students) at education conferences.  Preference for presentations which compare/contrast ocean and Great Lakes science.  Please contact Rochelle Sturtevant <Rochelle.Sturtevant@noaa.gov> if interested in presenting at any of the conferences listed below.
The opportunities for Great Lakes education outreach in 2008 are beginning to emerge. Here are the ones we know about so far.

National Marine Educators Association [NMEA] meeting in Savannah, July 21-24. Proposals due Feb. 1. Theme: One world, one water. http://nmeaweb.org/savannah2008/index.htm

North American Association for Environmental Education [NAAEE] in Wichita, Oct 15-18. Proposals due Jan 15. Will probably overlap our Advisory meeting. http://www.naaee.org/conference/2008-conference

NSTA Regional conference in Cincinnati, December 4-6. Proposals due January 15.

NSTA 2009 national conference in New Orleans, March 19-22, 2009. Proposals due April 15, 2008  http://www.nsta.org/conferences/

There are state science teachers and environmental education meetings as well. These are excellent opportunities that we at COSEE Great Lakes strongly encourage because the programs and audiences are more focused on regional science topics.