GLIN==> Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting & Great Lakes Day - Register Today

Title: 2008 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting and Great Lakes Day in Washington Events

REGISTER NOW! Great Lakes in Washington events: Feb. 26-28

Dear Great Lakes citizens and stakeholders:

The time is NOW to invest in the Great Lakes! Great Lakes advocates will be bringing this message to the halls of Congress next month...won't you join us?

The Great Lakes Commission is pleased to announce that Great Lakes Day 2008 will be held in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 28, 2008. See www.glc.org/meeting for online registration, an up-to-date agenda, and travel and lodging information.

Great Lakes Day events on Capitol Hill are one of our best opportunities of the year to demonstrate that we are united behind the region's leading state, city and conservation organizations' priorities for the Great Lakes.
The Great Lakes Commission and the Northeast-Midwest Institute are proud to host these annual events in collaboration with the Healing Our Waters® - Great Lakes Coalition and other partners.

This year, Great Lakes Day will be preceded by the Great Lakes Commission's Semiannual Meeting, which will be held at the Palomar Hotel in Washington on Feb. 26, beginning at 1 p.m. through noon on Feb. 27. Lunch and an afternoon session on Feb. 27 will be held in conjunction with the Healing Our Waters Coalition to brief Great Lakes Day participants on legislative priorities and to prepare for visits to Congressional offices the next day. Feb. 27 will conclude with an evening reception at the Canadian Embassy, hosted by the Government of Canada.

Feb. 28 events include the annual Great Lakes Day breakfast on Capitol Hill.
Invited guests include the House and Senate Great Lakes congressional delegation; Great Lakes governors, mayors and tribes; and congressional staff.

Opportunities to advance Great Lakes priorities will continue on throughout the day with the afternoon devoted to visiting Member's offices. The Great Lakes Commission will be coordinating office visits, along with the Healing Our Waters Coalition and Great Lakes state offices in Washington.

As in past years, the focus of all these events will be to carry a unified _expression_ of the Great Lakes region's priorities for legislation and appropriations to assist in protecting the Great Lakes region's environment and sustaining our economy. Last year, the Commission, in partnership with the Northeast Midwest Institute, Council of Great Lakes Governors, Healing Our Waters Coalition, Great Lakes Fishery Commission, Mayors of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Cities Initiative and tribal representatives brought more than 200 people from the region to Washington.

REGISTER TODAY! Space is limited! Visit www.glc.org/meeting for more information and to register online. The 2008 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual meeting registration fee is $150 (U.S.); the registration fee for Great Lakes Day events only is $50.00 (U.S.), which includes lunch on Feb. 27, breakfast on Feb. 28 and all meeting materials. If you register for both events before Feb. 1, you will receive a $25 discount. Early registration is encouraged!

We hope to see you in Washington!

Sincerely,

Tim Eder, Executive Director
Great Lakes Commission
2805 South Industrial Hwy., Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
734-971-9135 ext. 101
734-604-7281
teder@glc.org
www.glc.org

Great Lakes Commission
2805 S. Industrial Hwy., Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-6791
Ph: 734-971-9135 Fax: 734-971-9150
Photos: Washington, DC Convention & Tourism Corporation (WCTC), Hotel Palomar