GLIN==> REGISTER NOW for Great Lakes Day in Washington! Early registration discount ends Feb. 1

Title: 2008 Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting and Great Lakes Day in Washington Events

REGISTER NOW! Early registration discount ends Feb. 1

Dear Great Lakes citizens and stakeholders:

The Great Lakes Commission reminds you that Great Lakes Day 2008 events will be held in Washington, D.C., Feb. 26-28. See www.glc.org/meeting for online registration, an up-to-date agenda, and travel and lodging information. The Great Lakes Commission's Semiannual Meeting will be followed on Feb. 28 by Great Lakes Day, an annual event co-hosted by the Northeast-Midwest Institute and in collaboration with the Healing Our Waters® - Great Lakes Coalition and other partners.

Remember that if you register for both events by Feb. 1, you'll receive a $25 discount. The Commission's room block at the Palomar Hotel is sold out, however, other lodging options near Dupont Circle are listed at www.glc.org/meeting/venue.html.

The Commission's Semiannual Meeting will begin at 1 p.m. EST on Feb. 26 and run through noon on Feb. 27. Lunch and an afternoon session on Feb. 27 will be held in conjunction with the Healing Our Waters Coalition to brief Great Lakes Day participants on legislative priorities and to prepare for visits to congressional offices the next day. Feb. 27 will conclude with an evening reception at the Canadian Embassy, hosted by the Government of Canada.

Feb. 28 events include the annual Great Lakes Day breakfast on Capitol Hill. Invited guests include the House and Senate Great Lakes congressional delegation; Great Lakes governors, mayors and tribes; and congressional staff. Opportunities to advance Great Lakes priorities will continue on throughout the day as we visit offices of the Great Lakes Congressional Delegation.

Please REGISTER TODAY and join us in Washington!

Sincerely,

Tim Eder, Executive Director
Great Lakes Commission
2805 South Industrial Hwy., Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Office: 734-971-9135 ext. 101
Cell: 734-604-7281
teder@glc.org

Great Lakes Commission
2805 S. Industrial Hwy., Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-6791
Ph: 734-971-9135 Fax: 734-971-9150
Photos: Washington, DC Convention & Tourism Corporation (WCTC), Hotel Palomar