GLIN==> AWRA-WI Annual Meeting Registration

Water Resources Professionals and Students-

As President of the Wisconsin Section of the American Water Resources Association, I would like to invite you to attend our annual meeting at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel in Brookfield, WI on March 6 and 7, 2008.  Those of you who are familiar with our annual meeting know that it is an excellent opportunity for the exchange of scientific knowledge and ideas.  Furthermore, we strive to create an atmosphere that enables interactions between students and professionals.  Our theme this year is "Great Waters of Wisconsin," and we are planning plenary, oral and poster sessions addressing both surface water and groundwater issues in Wisconsin.   This years meeting also includes a student career workshop on Friday afternoon (preregistration is required).

Please find attached the Registration Information and make note of the dates for early registration discounts and hotel room reservations.  The information has been attached in PDF format for your convenience. Complete program and registration materials are also available at www.awra.org/state/wisconsin/.   New this year is an online registration option--see the attached registration flyer and web site for details.

Your registration at the annual Wisconsin Section AWRA meetings includes membership in our state section.  Please consider volunteering or nominating someone for the board of directors. Open positions to be voted on at the annual meeting in 2008 include: President-elect, Vice-president, Treasurer, and Director-at-Large. Contact President-elect Dave Hart at djhart@wisc.edu if you would like to nominate someone.  The Board of Directors is also seeking a technical arrangements chair for the 2009 meeting.

If you have colleagues who might be interested in attending this meeting, please forward this e-mail to them.  In that e-mail, please ask them to reply to me (fermanik@uwgb.edu) if they did not receive an announcement and would like to be added to our mailing list.  Alternatively, if you have been inadvertently placed on this e-mail list or would like to be removed from it, please notify me.

Lastly, I want to bring to your attention that the Wisconsin Ground Water Association will be holding their spring conference immediately following the AWRA conference at the same venue.  Separate registration is required for each conference.  More information about he WGWA conference can be found at: www.wgwa.org.

On behalf of the Wisconsin Section of AWRA, I  look forward to seeing you in Brookfield!

Sincerely,
Kevin Fermanich

Kevin Fermanich
Associate Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Natural and Applied Sciences ES317
University of Wisconsin--Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001