GLIN==> Great Lakes Day in Washington recap

A photo slideshow and selected highlights from the 2008 Great Lakes Day in
Washington events and Great Lakes Commission Semiannual Meeting (held Feb
26-28) are now available at http://glc.org/meeting/

Well over 200 people attended the Great Lakes Day events this year, thanks
in large part to a successful collaboration with the Healing Our WatersR -
Great Lakes Coalition and numerous other partners.

The week also provided the setting for the release of a significant report
from the Great Lakes Commission and the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities
Initiative, detailing investments by local governments in Great Lakes
restoration and protection. A press conference was held Feb 27 at the
National Press Club in Washington, D.C., to announce the findings of the
report. For more information, including audio files from the press
conference, see http://glc.org/glinvestment/

Thanks to all who participated in these events and we hope to see many of
you again in 2009!

Christine Manninen
Communications Director
Great Lakes Commission