GLIN==> GL Town Hall: Wendy Lutzke from WI Maritime Museum; and, Compact/Protocol discussion

Dear Great Lakes Neighbor,

Each week we invite grassroots activists, artists, officials, physicians, parents, young people and others to offer insightful commentary on their Great Lakes experiences and views. Of course, we also invite you to comment on their thoughts!

This week, the Town Hall is pleased to welcome Wendy Lutzke, a leader in education at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum. Come visit the Great Lakes Town Hall to read and respond to Wendy Lutzke's stories and perspectives about the Great Lakes every day this week - only in the Great Lakes Town Hall!

About Wendy Lutzke...

After teaching in elementary school classrooms for 15 years, Wendy Lutzke joined the staff of the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc as educator in 2003. Since that time she and her part-time educators have developed a curriculum that includes 18 maritime related school programs, a variety of weekend activities for families and adults, and hands-on outreach opportunities at schools, seminars, and community events.

Wendy considers herself a lifelong learner, and working at the museum provides endless opportunities to be immersed in the history and ecology of the Great Lakes. She is pleased that her position has allowed her many opportunities to form partnerships with people and institutions in the community and region whose goals allow them to reach out together to enrich people's lives through learning about our beautiful Great Lakes.

A native of inland Lower Michigan, Wendy always thought she would end up living close to one of the Great Lakes. She and her husband Steve love spending time in their backyard, which is less than a mile from Lake Michigan, and Wendy often takes her early morning runs near the beach watching the sunrise over the lake.

Read and respond to Wendy Lutzke in the Town Hall

This week’s Featured Issue…

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week, provided by co-moderators Dave Dempsey, Gary Wilson, and Brenna Wanous. This week, Brenna compares and contrasts the Great Lakes Compact with the Kyoto Protocol... could the two possibly be related?

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - A Tale of Two Treaties - and the thoughts of Wendy Lutzke, in the Great Lakes Town Hall all this week!

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as a guest speaker, please reply to this email. We encourage individuals of all ages, occupations, and opinions to participate in the conversation.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

Brenna Wanous
Great Lakes Town Hall Manager

Biodiversity Project