GLIN==> Energy2100: Making the Lakes Great EARLY BIRD registration deadline is MARCH 22!

Title: Binational Lake St. Clair conference -- FINAL NOTICE -- registration deadline is TODAY!

Time is running out:  click here to secure early registration deadlines, and talk our online survey at www.energy2100.ca

http://www.energy2100.ca/Registration.html

Special Luncheon Guest Speaker

The Honourable Donna Cansfield
Minister of Natural Resources

We have reached a crossroads and are presented with an opportunity for change. Energy 2100: Making the Lakes Great opens the dialogue on our energy future as we search for energy options that sustain our Great Lakes.

The Great Lakes, which contain 20% of the world’s surface freshwater and are home to a broad variety of natural habitats, are under serious threat. Huge swaths of wetlands have been lost, thousands of miles of rivers are impaired, and miles of shoreline are degraded. Invasive species ply the waters, and climate change places human and ecosystem health in peril.

Under the leadership of McMaster University’s Dofasco Centre for Engineering and Public Policy, Energy 2100: Making the Lakes Great marks the first time experts from Canada, the United States and China will gather to confront an emerging public policy challenge. The challenge is to develop energy policy that sustains the Great Lakes ecosystem and the health of people living within the Great Lakes basin. Topics include:

•  Global perspectives on energy security, competitiveness and
   renewable energy sources

•  The impacts of mercury emissions on Great Lakes communities

•  Impact of climate change on Great Lakes water quality and quantity

Thanks for making the Lakes Great!

Meeting Management Services Inc.
Telephone: 905-335-7993 or 1-800-625-7925
e-mail: ron@mmsonline.ca

Dr. Gail Krantzberg
Professor and Director, Centre for Engineering and Public Policy
McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
ITB 109
Hamilton, ON, L8S 4L7