GLIN==> GL Town Hall: Patricia Pennell, environmental educator, photographer and artist

Dear Great Lakes Neighbor,

Each week we invite grassroots activists, artists, officials, physicians, parents, young people and others to offer insightful commentary on their Great Lakes experiences and views. Of course, we also invite you to comment on their thoughts!

This week, the Town Hall is pleased to welcome Patricia Pennell, an environmental educator, photographer, and artist. Come visit the Great Lakes Town Hall to read and respond to Patricia Pennell's stories and perspectives about the Great Lakes every day this week - only in the Great Lakes Town Hall!

About Patricia Pennell...

Patricia Pennell is environmental educator, photographer and writer with a lifelong interest in watershed ecology and botany. She specializes in using rain gardens for stormwater management and stormwater education. She is a recognized authority on rain garden construction and design. She has consulted on or installed over thirty rain gardens as head of the rain garden program for West Michigan Environmental Action Council in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She is the author of raingardens.org. Through the website, she responds to rain garden questions from all over the world. She consults on environmental education and communications projects for businesses, municipalities, and non-profit organizations.

She is a graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in Natural Resources and Environmental Education. She is a member of the River Photography Society of American Rivers.

She has enjoyed working for WMEAC since 2000. She lives on a beautiful river in Kent County, Michigan, where she watches bald eagles and osprey fish, river otters and kayakers play, and hummingbirds feed at her window.

Read and respond to Patricia Pennell in the Town Hall

New Featured Issue…

In addition to guest speakers, the Great Lakes Town Hall focuses on a new featured Great Lakes issue each week, provided by co-moderators Dave Dempsey, Gary Wilson, and Brenna Wanous. This week, Brenna celebrates and comments on the benefits of the spring snow melt.

Don't miss this great opportunity to read and comment on our featured issue - Lessons from a melting snow pile - and the thoughts of Patricia Pennell, in the Great Lakes Town Hall all this week!

Guest speakers contribute content on a Great Lakes topic of their choice for five days. While there are basic rules of conduct, guest speakers are unedited and diverse views are welcome. If you are interested in serving as a guest speaker, please reply to this email. We encourage individuals of all ages, occupations, and opinions to participate in the conversation.

Your Great Lakes Neighbor,

Brenna Wanous
Great Lakes Town Hall Manager

Biodiversity Project